Thursday, February 12, 2009

The 13th Day

Before we celebrate the Valentine’s Day, let’s not forget that tomorrow‘s Friday the thirteen. The Creepy 13th day falls on Friday of this month. How unlucky we are that we would face the 13th of February on Friday, the day before the Valentine’s Day. The superstitions about the ‘Friday the 13th’ can be trace before the 19th century. Some Italian guy had this belief about Friday as an unlucky day, and thirteen as an unlucky number, and remarkably he died on Friday, the 13th of November. Creepy huh?
Anyway, is there anyone out there experiencing bad luck every Friday, the 13th? [yes?] We share the same fate. My left elbow got broken when I was in nursery [My mom told me]. I got broken ribs, having a bicycle accident when I was 12. Got a scar on my forehead [right side]. I lost my cp when I was in 3rd yr. Got almost crushed by a truck while crossing the street....and so on.... all of it happened on Friday the 13th. See? I don’t like Friday the 13th ‘coz bad luck always does come to me at that particular day.
I guess I have to face another series of bad luck for tomorrow. And I predict tomorrow morning, I would hear my mom saying -> “Don’t do stupid things!”

No comments: